About us and Networking
We have been running for over 5 years now and have a steady stream of members and visitors. We welcome all business sectors but avoid clashes of businesses.
It is a relaxed (and fun!) atmosphere and we try not to be too formal. We start with everyone giving a 1 minute pitch on their business before we have breakfast. During breakfast is the time to catch up with colleagues and network. After we have a 10 minute slot where members or a visitor volunteer to give a talk on their business - pre booking your slot is essential! Then finally we go round the tables once more for any thanks, comments, news etc from everyone in the meeting.
Check out our 10 Benefits of Joining Blandford Business Breakfast Club:
If you are really serious about pushing your business forward and developing new ideas that help deliver a better service to customers, then joining a network group where you meet like-minded people is absolutely essential. Of course, you can now do this online with social media platforms such as LinkedIn but there really is no substitute for face-to-face meetings and the chance to build long lasting friendships and associations.
1. Business development: The big reason for joining a networking group is to develop your business and find new ways of connecting. It is invaluable for finding out what is happening within your industry and providing new ideas for the future expansion of your core business.
2. Peer interaction: It can sometimes seem a lonely business running a company and mixing with others who are on the same wavelength offers much needed support and encouragement. You’ll always be able to find someone who has gone through the same thing as you and who will be able to offer a fresh viewpoint and some excellent advice.
3. Business advice: Most networking groups usually consist of a mix of new and experienced entrepreneurs which means you get access to a whole range of advice. You will be able to pick the best advice for your business and have more chance of success both now and in the future.
4. Collaborative working: Networking is all about building valuable relationships and you may well find yourself working with a number of businesses you come across in a group. That doesn’t just mean providing your service to them but also developing new and interesting ways of doing business that could involve new products and the sharing of services.
5. Knowledge expansion: You may well learn a lot from running your business but you’ll learn a whole lot more by being part of a networking group. Access to a shared knowledge base through contact with like-minded individuals is one of the more powerful ways to increase your business knowhow and improve your chance of success.
6. Market research: Being part of a networking group gives you a great chance to bounce ideas off your friends and associates. It means you can explore great new ventures and get informed, genuine feedback that helps you make the right business decisions.
7. Referral partners: Network groups are a useful source of strong referrals that can boost your business. Find an associate who is in a complementary business to yours and you can build a partnership that allows you to provide your customers with a better service.
8. Personal development: Networking isn’t just about promoting your business in the local area – it’s also about developing your personal business skills by learning from your peers and being open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
9.Sourcing recommended suppliers: Finding the right people to work with in business is a problem in itself. With your peers recommending the best suppliers it means you are more likely to offer your customers a much better service because you are able to keep costs down, source the right products and have reliable delivery of the things you need.
10. Raising your company profile: Finally, joining a networking group means that you get your company noticed. If you are committed to developing relationships, group members will remember you and mention your company name to their friends and other network associates